ClevGuard is an interesting company. Their flagship product keeps your device protected against spyware, and lets you know if your microphone and camera are being used by a third party. But it’s their KidsGuard product that really catches the attention of parents. That’s because KidsGuard Pro is a sort of anti-ClevGuard.
It actually lets you monitor someone’s device without them knowing. If you’re a parent, you’ll definitely want to read our comprehensive KidsGuard Pro review.
Table Of Contents
Features: The Features KidsGuard Pro Arms You With
If you’ve stumbled across any KidsGuard Pro reviews, you’re likely intrigued by all the features the product seems to have. And on the surface, they’re pretty amazing, especially the opportunity to remotely control a phone for call recording and camera use. But there’s a big caveat here. There are actually four different products, including KidsGuard Pro – Android Monitoring, KidsGuard Pro – WhatsApp Monitoring, KidsGuard Pro – iPhone Monitoring, and KidsGuard Pro – iCloud Monitoring.
And just because a feature is available in one plan, it doesn’t mean it’s available in all plans. But because our goal is to be as fair and comprehensive as possible, we’re covering the top features that we believe you’ll find most attractive. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to consult the website to find out if it’s available for the phone you want to monitor.
- Record their phone calls. While some monitoring apps let you see who they called and who called them, KidsGuard Pro goes one step further by letting you record their phone calls. That includes the speaking voice of the caller and the receiver. And you can initiate that from your ClevGuard login.
- Take screenshots. Want to see what they’re saying in any given app? You can do that with KidsGuard Pro. While we’ve seen other ClevGuard app reviews boast about this feature, and while we admit it’s a good one, some of the other top monitoring apps let you do the same thing.
- Take photos remotely. Now, this feature is impressive, though a little creepy. With KidsGuard Pro, you can actively turn on their rear camera and take photos on their phone without them knowing.
- Track their social media activity. Want to know what they’re up to on social media? In our review of Kids Guard Pro, we were happy to see that the software company did a solid job of including many of the popular social networks and chat apps. This includes Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Line, Tinder, Telegram, Kik, Viber, Wechat, and QQ.
- Track their location. When you install KidsGuard Pro iPhone, you’ll probably want to track their location. There’s good news and bad news here. The good news is that the iCloud Monitoring version lets you track their location by GPS. But it appears as though the iPhone version doesn’t let you track their location (though you can view location history).
- See the files on their phone. With so many apps, it’s no surprise that they likely have a ridiculous number of files on their phone. KidsGuard Pro lets you see many of them, including photos, videos, and more.
KidsGuard Pro Overview
|# of devices||Android Monitoring|
1 deviceAndroid WhatsApp
|Social media tracking||Yes|
KidsGuard Pro: Many Options, But Confusing
When it comes to protecting your kids with Kids Guard Pro, we’d be really happy if they made their subscription model work as well as their product. Unfortunately, that’s not really the case. ClevGuard reviews often boast about choice being a good thing, but if you’re new to the phone monitoring game, you’ll probably disagree.
First, there’s KidsGuard Pro – Android Monitoring. Seems like a wise choice, until you stumble upon KidsGuard Pro – WhatsApp Monitoring. So wait a second. Does KidsGuard Pro – Android Monitoring not offer WhatsApp monitoring? Actually, it does. But it doesn’t seem to go as in-depth, which makes figuring out which subscription to buy a little confusing.
Got an iPhone? Things are confusing in iOS land, too. While an attractive KidsGuard Pro price makes you think KidsGuard Pro for iOS is the way to go, the KidsGuard Pro iCloud Monitoring solution is a few dollars cheaper. The feature lineup is different, but if your kids use iCloud, you might want to get both, which can be costly. Bottom line? KidsGuard Pro iPhone plans are just as complicated as the Android plans.
KidsGuard Pros and Cons
- Intuitive user experience
- iOS and Android support
- Undetectable solution
- Subscriptions are confusing
- Can get expensive if you need multiple plans
- No free trial
KidsGuard Reviews From Real Users
When it comes to ClevGuard reviews of the company’s KidsGuard app, we know that reviews from actual users carry the most weight. That’s why we’ve included some real reviews from Trustpilot written by people who use KidsGuard Pro to monitor their loved one’s activities. We hope you find it helpful.
Great concept, wanted to use this to monitor my son. Unfortnatley I didn’t realise this was not compatible with my device which is chrome book,company kindly gave me a refund as a result.
The record calls has never worked. The location tracking is absolute rubbish. The whole experience with this service and support is unreliable.
Clevguard exceeded my expectations.. i was able to see everything like i was on my phone…
App is very complicated, they don’t accept refund, they don’t have subscription cancellation option, don’t buy it.
KidsGuard vs. mSpy: Who Does it Better
You’ve probably heard that mSpy is one of the top phone monitoring apps. That’s why we’re putting KidsGuard in the ring with mSpy. So which one takes the crown? Read on as they face off in our monitoring app showdown.
mSpy is famous for its keyword alerts. If your child uses a pre-determined word in chat, or if they search for that word in their browser, you’ll receive an alert. This is especially handy if you want to make sure they aren’t talking about sex, drugs, or violence. Unfortunately, KidsGuard Pro doesn’t offer this feature.
In this KidsGuard Pro Review, we’re happy to report that the app works in hidden mode. That means they won’t know you’re using it. mSpy works in hidden mode, too, so you’re covered no matter which monitoring app you end up with.
Not many apps offer you the option to capture screenshots of their activity, but KidsGuard Pro does. It’s in line with what mSpy offers as well, making it a great monitoring app, regardless of which apps your kids might have installed on their phone.
KidsGuard Pro: The Bottom Line
For a phone monitoring app, KidsGuard Pro is intriguing. It’s feature-rich. It offers a few tools other apps don’t, like call recording. And it works in hidden mode. But it’s also missing some other advanced options, like keyword alerts. And the subscription model can get confusing and pricey. While we definitely give KidsGuard Pro top marks and hold it in high regard, there are other apps that are just as worthy of your attention, so do your research.