When it comes to monitoring solutions, Cocospy seems to offer tools that appeal to both parents and businesses alike. According to their website, the app is designed to let you “keep tabs on what’s dear to you, be it your kids or business”. While it’s not that uncommon for a monitoring app to try and market itself to multiple groups in an effort to expand its market share, as parental control monitoring app reviewers, we’ve found that companies that choose to focus on one target market tend to offer a better solution.
So, does Cocospy buck the trend? Did they create a monitoring solution that has mass appeal? Or is it just another app that tries to be all things to all people, but offers very little to both? Our Cocospy Android spy app review has all the answers. And if you’re looking for Cocospy reviews iPhone users will find useful, this one has you covered.
Table Of Contents
Features: The Main Tools Offered in Cocospy
- Call tracker. Kids love to chat on social media. But when they want to hide something from their parents, they attempt to leave no trace. The best way to do that is by having a voice conversation. Cocospy gives parents back some power by letting them review all incoming and outgoing calls, see durations, timestamps, and frequency, and check out the most popular contacts. While you can’t exactly hear what they said, you’ll be armed with a bit more information to understand who they’re talking to.
- WhatsApp spy. WhatsApp is one of the most popular cross-platform chat apps, with hundreds of millions of users around the world. No matter who they’re chatting with or where that person happens to be located, Cocospy lets you read their messages, including photos that may have been sent and received through the chat app.
- Snapchat spy. Do your kids love to send and receive pics and videos in Snapchat? Cocospy gives you access to them through your backend system. Just log in and you can read all exchanged messages, view contact details for each person they’re chatting with, and keep tabs on when they chatted through conversation timestamps.
- Track SMS. If they’re texting with people using the built-in message app on their phone, Cocospy has that covered. With the Text Message Spy tool, you can read all SMS messages (and iMessages on iOS). You can even access messages that your kid has deleted.
- Stealth mode. It wouldn’t have ‘spy’ in the name if it didn’t operate in hidden mode. And that’s exactly what Cocospy does. By operating in stealth mode, Cocospy gives you the power to freely track GPS locations, monitor all kinds of messages, see their social media activity, all without worrying about being found out.
|# of devices||1 device (Android Basic, Android Premium, iOS Premium)|
3 devices (Android Family)
5 devices (iOS Family)
25 devices (iOS Business)
|Free trial||No (but 60-day money-back guarantee)|
|Social media tracking||Yes|
Cocospy App Pricing: Multiple (Complicated) Options for Everyone
You’re probably reading this Cocospy review to determine if the parental monitoring app is worth the price of admission. That ultimately depends on how many devices you have and if you feel the plans they offer meet your needs. Cocospy offers multiple pricing options for their three tiers— Basic, Premium, and Family. And within each plan, you have the option to pay for a 1-month, 3-month, or 1-year subscription.
To make things even more complicated, those prices are just for Android users. For iOS, Cocospy has a completely different structure. Instead of Basic, Premium, and Family, Cocospy offers Premium, Family, and Business. And while the top Android plan maxes out at 3 devices, you can cover up to 25 devices with the iOS Business plan. Confused? So are we.
Unfortunately, there’s no plan that lets you mix and match devices. So if you have 2 Android phones and 4 iPhones, you can’t cover them all under one plan. And if you’re looking for a Cocospy free trial, you’re out of luck as well. They don’t offer one, but there is a 60-day money-back guarantee available.
Cocospy Pros and Cons
- Multiple pricing options, especially for families
- Intuitive interface that anyone can you
- Decent social media support
- iOS is limited in functionality
- Social media tracking not as robust as competition
- Pricing models lead to confusion
Cocospy vs. mSpy: Which One Is the Better ‘Spy’?
Many Cocospy reviews talk about how it compares to the competition without actually comparing it to the competition. That’s why we don’t just want to show you how to use Cocospy. We want to show you if it’s actually worth using it when there are other offerings priced just as competitively (or better). So today, we’re pitting Cocospy against mSpy to help you understand the differences.
Social Media Monitoring
Cocospy lets you review messages sent through WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, and Viber. And while that’s some pretty decent coverage, many Cocospy reviews iPhone users have read indicate that the app’s social media functionality is rather limited for iOS. We can confirm this to be true. That’s why mSpy might be a better option. It includes support for Line, Telegram, Skype, Facebook Messenger, and even Tinder, plus loads more.
With Coco spy, you can review a detailed list of calls made and received, including timestamps, durations, and frequency of calls. It’s extremely comprehensive and really useful for understanding who they’re talking to. mSpy stacks up in this regard, offering the same robust features.
If you were looking for Cocospy app reviews that talk about keyword alerts, this isn’t one of them. That’s because Cocospy doesn’t offer it. But mSpy does. With mSpy, you can set keywords in your Control Panel. And if your child uses those keywords, you’ll get alerted. It’s an incredibly useful tool to help you keep them safe.
Cocospy: The Bottom Line
Overall, we like Cocospy. The installation process doesn’t cause too many headaches. Its clean interface makes it a joy to use. And overall, it does what it says it does, for parents and businesses. But for the price, there are better options, especially if you use a mix of Android and iOS devices in your family (or business). We’d like to see a more streamlined pricing model, plus some extra features like keyword alerts and more social media monitoring support. With those enhancements, Cocospy could be a stronger contender to market leaders like mSpy.