Can you imagine a modern child in the U.S. without a smartphone with access to the global network? Not really, as social media and instant messengers are integral parts of kids’ and teens’ lives.
As the Internet is widely used by all kinds of people, including bullies, predators, and scammers, parents need to keep an eye on their children’s digital well-being. Using a monitoring app, such as mSpy or Copy9, is a proven way to protect a kid from the potential danger of being groomed or harassed. But what app should you choose?
If you want to try the Copy9 spy app, you need to consider that their website was banned by search systems in 2018 and hasn’t been updated since then. What’s more, Copy9 is a sub-brand of the TruthSpy app, and its site is now archived.
If you are interested in knowing more about the app, keep on reading this Copy9 review. But if you need monitoring software that works right now, we recommend that you try mSpy.
Table Of Contents
What Is Copy9?
Copy9 is a parental control app that helps parents stay updated on what’s going on in their kids’ digital lives. Not only does Copy9 allow you to monitor your kid’s social network accounts, but it can also track their call logs, text messages, GPS locations, contacts, and other activity.
Copy9 is designed to help parents monitor their kids online remotely. To make the software work invisibly, you need to turn on the hidden mode in the app’s settings. However, to ensure that your child won’t detect the app, you need to remove its icon from a target phone’s screen.
If you would like to run the Copy9 monitoring app on an iOS device, note that it’s compatible only with Android-operated phones.
How Does Copy9 Work?
Copy9 starts monitoring the user’s activity when you download and install the software on a target device. The app works in the background. Copy9 records all the activity on a monitored phone or tablet and sends logs to your Control Panel.
Control Panel is your personal space where all monitored data is stored. There, you can review your kid’s contact lists, monitor their real-time locations, view messages, and check on other activity logs.
To get access to your Control Panel and start monitoring your kid’s activity, you need to follow a few steps.
- Purchase a subscription. Head over to the Copy9 official website and find the Prices page. Copy9 offers three packages to cover different needs. You can choose from Standard, Premium, and Gold plans. Each of them features various monitoring options. Select the preferred payment method and then download the app.
- Download and set up the software. Make sure to turn on the installation from unknown sources on a target device. You won’t be able to install the app if you miss this detail.
- Monitor activity. When the preparation stage is complete, log in to your Copy9 account from any device you want and monitor your kid’s activity on the Internet.
How to Install Copy9 on a Target Phone
To ensure that the app will function flawlessly, you need to follow the installation instructions:
- Root a target device.
- Allow the installation from unknown sources.
- Download the apk file from the official site.
- Open the file and perform the installation. Strictly follow the instructions.
- Log in to your Copy 9 account. If you haven’t signed up with the app, do it right now.
- Set up all the needed permissions.
After you complete the installation, log in to your account and start monitoring a target device. The data and activity gathered by the app will be displayed in your Control Panel in a few minutes.
How Much Does Copy9 Cost?
Copy9 offers three subscriptions that differ in price and set of features:
- 1 Month for $30.02
- 6 Months for $105.6
- 1 Year for $184.8
Is It Legal to Use Copy9?
Although Copy9 was developed with the best intentions, you need to find out if using it is legitimate in your area, as the law can vary from state to state. In most cases, your actions will be legal if:
- You monitor your underage child.
- You track your own device.
- You inform a monitored adult person about watching their activity and receive their consent.
You should understand that all the actions you perform with the help of the Copy9 app are under your own responsibility. If you have any legal issues unresolved, it is recommended that you consult your legal advisor.
How to Uninstall Copy9?
If you want to remove Copy9 from a target device, you need to follow these instructions:
- Access a target device.
- Open Settings -> Scroll down and select More -> Tap Security.
- Find and deactivate Device Admin.
You can also try an alternative method. Go to Settings -> Apps -> System Service -> Uninstall.
If you can’t access a target device, you can try uninstalling the app remotely. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Copy9 official website and log in to your user account.
- Click Settings in the top right corner.
- Click Uninstall Remotely.
The application will be deleted from a target phone in a few minutes. Once the process is complete, you will no longer be able to monitor your kid with the Copy9 parental control app.
Why Choose mSpy Over Copy9?
If you read multiple Copy9 reviews, you’ll see that the app isn’t available for purchase and is unlikely to return to the market. Even if you could buy it, you won’t be able to monitor iOS devices and PCs, as the app is compatible with Android 4 and above devices.
However, with mSpy, you can monitor almost any device and get access to the following features:
- Viewing call logs
- Reading SMS and MMS
- Monitoring social media chats
- Viewing contacts
- Tracking GPS locations
- Setting geofencing
- Viewing multimedia files
- Blocking unwanted apps
- Restricting suspicious calls
- Recording keyboard strokes
- Setting restricted words
mSpy provides detailed information about your kids’ online activity and their whereabouts. The device locking feature ensures stronger control over your kid remotely, allowing you to lock the phone and prevent a data leak if a device is lost or stolen.
Does this work on iPhone?
Hello, Georgia! If you’re talking about Copy9, then no, it works only with Android-based devices. If you’re looking for a good monitoring app that’s compatible with iPhones, you can give mSpy a try.
your kids know more about this stuff then you do. They are going to figure out what you have done, and then you will actually have a problem. I think it would be better to have a conversation first. this should only be a last option unless they are okay with it.