When it comes to parental control apps, you have a lot of choice. In fact, some would argue there are way too many options to choose from — so much so that it can be overwhelming. Complicating the matter even further is the eyeZy app, a relative newcomer to the parental control app scene.
But don’t let its lack of history turn you off. It turns out that eyeZy is not only a great contender in the parental monitoring app market, but it’s also backed by people who understand what parents actually need and want. But does it offer the features parents actually want? Let’s take a look.
Table Of Contents
Features: What You Can Do With eyeZy
- Social Spotlight. How does eyeZy work to keep your kids safe? Just look at the Social Spotlight tool. With eyeZy’s Social Spotlight feature, it’s easy to find out what your kids are saying on social media. The monitoring app rolls all kinds of social media chats into one powerful feature, giving you the power to see their conversations, including deleted messages. And it works on the most popular social media apps, like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Kik, and even Tinder.
- Pinpoint. If you’ve got teenagers, you know that it can be stressful to not know exactly where they are at all times. eyeZy aims to solve that with Pinpoint, a feature that shows you their exact location on a map. And the technology behind it is pretty impressive, blending GPS location tracking and Wi-Fi network analysis to, well, pinpoint their exact location.
- Magic Alerts. If you only read one part of this eyeZy review, we hope it’s this because Magic Alerts is an impressive feature. The people behind eyeZy understand one important truth. While parents want to keep their kids safe, they don’t have the time to be on top of them 24/7. That’s why they included a feature called Magic Alerts. When a child enters or exits a pre-determined zone, parents can receive a notification. And if the child uses a certain word in chat or in a web search, they’ll get a notification too.
- Invisible Shield. Some parental control apps are visible on a child’s home screen. That makes it easy for kids to uninstall the app and stop their parents from monitoring their activity. Thankfully, eyeZy works in hidden mode. That makes it easy for parents to use eyeZy free of worry that their kids will know they’re being monitored.
- Web Magnifier. When it comes to understanding their web habits, is eyeZy legit? We’re happy to report yes. The Web Magnifier feature makes it easy to see their search history, discover which sites they have bookmarked, and understand their interests and browsing habits.
- Plans Breaker. Teenagers are always up to something. With eyeZy, you’ll know exactly what. With Plans Breaker, you can review the events in their phone’s calendar, including the event name, the location, and the date and time. Plans Breaker also shows you their notes, so you can find out if there’s any extra information you need to know about.
- Keystroke Capture. If you want a clear picture of everything they type, eyeZy delivers it with Keystroke Capture. The keylogging tool lets you ensure that they’re having safe conversations with people you trust.
|Android & iOS|
1-month plan for $47.99/mo3-month plan for $27.99/mo12-month plan for $9.99/mo
|# of devices||• 1 device |
• Family plans available
|Free trial||No (but money-back guarantee)|
|Social media tracking||Yes|
|Set restrictions remotely||Yes|
eyeZy App Pricing: Competitive for What You Get
if you’re thinking about a parental control app like eyeZy free alternatives are likely on your radar. We’re not going to talk about those because those types of apps usually don’t offer much value (they’re either dangerous in nature or they don’t actually do what they promise). So let’s consider eyeZy’s competition. When you compare the eyeZy cost with the price of similar apps, eyeZy seems to be priced fairly. Some competitors are more expensive, others are less. But eyeZy seems to be in the right ballpark.
eyeZy Pros and Cons
- Packed with features
- Super easy to use
- Excellent social media monitoring
- Pricing not obvious on the website
- Gets pricey for multiple devices
eyeZy: Should You Take The Plunge?
eyeZy is billed as a super-advanced app. Judging by its features, it seems to deliver on its promises. And while there’s a supercharged engine powering eyeZy, it’s a really easy-to-handle app, especially for the less tech-savvy parent. When it comes to eyeZy cost, it’s true that there are some cheaper alternatives on the market. But remember, you get what you pay for. Bottom line? eyeZy is definitely an app that should be on your shortlist.