It’s no secret that Facebook is the world’s biggest social network. People in the U.S. and all around the world use Facebook for individual and business needs. In fact, it became the first social network that surpassed one billion monthly active users.
Although people often use Facebook to run ads and find out about the latest news, communication remains the top priority goal for most users. Did you know that more than 20 billion messages are exchanged on Facebook Messenger monthly? What’s more, the app is one of the leading messengers in the U.S. with more than 2 million monthly downloads.
This might be hard to believe, but the popularity of Facebook Messenger keeps growing. That is partially due to one of its latest features — secret disappearing messages.
Table Of Contents
What Is Secret Conversation on Messenger and What Dangers Can It Hide?
Although Vanish Mode is a relatively new feature in Facebook Messenger (unlike disappearing messages on Snapchat), it became pretty popular among social media users.
Secret Conversations allow you to engage in a private conversation with another user. Because your encrypted messages don’t appear among your regular conversions, no one will see that you’ve been chatting with someone secretly. What’s more, messages sent in a secret conversation can be set to disappear after being read.
While using disappearing messages on Facebook seems like a good idea, it can involve dangers, too. The false sense of security and privacy is the primary safety concern you need to know about.
People mistakenly believe that no one can see what they send. This encourages younger users to share inappropriate content and inspires adults to send their private details to others.
It’s true that you can’t save, copy, or forward a disappearing message in Vanish Mode. It’s also true that Facebook notifies a sender if a recipient screenshots the message. However, nothing is stopping the recipient from using another cell phone camera to take a shot of what you’ve sent them.
That is how your loved ones can get in trouble on Facebook. The good news is that you can safeguard them online by learning how to hack secret conversation in Messenger.
How to See Secret Conversations on Messenger: 3 Ways That Anyone Can Use
1. How to Track Secret Conversations on Facebook with the Help of mSpy
If you’re in dire need to see someone’s secret conversation history on Facebook Messenger or read their real-time messages, consider using a monitoring tool.
The mSpy parental control app is one of the best options, as it allows you to see another person’s messages remotely right from your cell phone. On top of monitoring Facebook, mSpy can give you full insight into their social media activity, SMS and iMessages, GPS locations, and browser history.
The app is available for iOS and Android and requires only a few steps to get set up. Unlike similar parental control apps, mSpy doesn’t necessarily require jailbreaking iOS-operated devices and offers alternative installation methods.
Now, let’s get familiar with the general steps that work for both operating systems:
- First, how to track secret conversations on Facebook you need to go to mSpy.com and create a free account.
- Then, you need to choose a subscription that corresponds to your needs. At the moment, mSpy offers a Premium package for 1, 3, and 6 months.
- After you purchase the desired subscription, mSpy emails you a welcome letter that contains detailed installation instructions. Make sure to follow them step by step to set up the app correctly.
- When everything is prepared, log in to your mSpy’s control panel and select iOS or Android device.
- Give mSpy a few minutes to collect the data and start monitoring the target device.
2. How to View Secret Conversations on Messenger by Using the Target Person’s Login Credentials
If you suspect that someone is sending messages that contain provocative or dangerous content to your loved ones, you can check out their secret conversations.
If you’re close with the person whose messages you want to read, you can access their smartphone and find the secret conversations from their Facebook friends. Follow these steps to do so:
- Access the target cell phone and Facebook Messenger.
- Tap Chats and find the Edit icon in the top right.
- Click Secret in the top right.
- Select the name of the person whose conversations you want to review and view their previously sent messages.
Note that if a stranger sends a secret message to the target person, it won’t appear in regular chats. However, you can find secret conversations on Facebook sent by non-friends by following a few simple steps:
- Open Facebook in a browser and type in the target person’s Facebook credentials.
- Tap the Messages icon in the top right of the page.
- Select Message Requests which is right next to the Recent button.
- Tap See filtered requests to check out the secret Facebook messages from people they’re not yet connected to on Facebook.
Unfortunately, this method has a few significant drawbacks:
- You can’t view someone’s Facebook hidden messages in real-time or save them on your device;
- If you log in to someone’s Facebook account, they will be immediately logged out;
- If the target person sets a timer on secret conversations, all messages will be erased right after reading. This means you’ll find no chats.
3. How to See Deleted Secret Conversations on Someone’s Messenger?
Another way to check out someone else’s secret conversions is by restoring their deleted messages. Note that you can do so if the target person has previously archived their chats or moved them to the Spam folder.
Follow a few steps to view deleted secret conversations in Messenger:
- Access the device of the person whose conversations you want to read and open Facebook Messenger.
- Find and select Recent conversations.
- Use the search tool to find the conversation archived earlier.
- Tap the three-dot icon and choose Hidden chats.
- Restore the desired conversation to the inbox.
If you don’t get any results after looking for an archived chat, consider restoring a conversation from the Spam folder:
- Log in to the target Messenger account.
- Go to Message requests.
- Access the spam or filtered section.
- Reply to the needed conversation to restore it to the inbox.
Is It Legal to View Secret Conversations on Facebook?
Before you decide to monitor another person’s social media accounts or any other activities, you need to take into account a couple of facts.
You’re legally allowed to monitor your underage children without them knowing. But if you need to check out an adult person’s activity, make sure you have received their consent. Otherwise, you can violate their privacy and get fined.
The Bottom Line
Now you know how to see someone else’s secret conversations on Facebook. It’s up to you which method to choose. However, if you want to check them out in real-time, we recommend that you try mSpy.
As an advanced and multifunctional parental control app, mSpy will do everything to help you keep your loved ones safe online.