If you’re using the Internet frequently, you know how addicted people can be to social media platforms and instant messengers. As those technologies help us stay in touch with each other, some users spend hours communicating with friends and looking for new acquaintances.
Of course, it’s comforting to know that your loved ones can be living their life and socializing online with you right by their side. But don’t relax too much, because the Internet is full of dangers, such as bullies and online predators.
Since WhatsApp is one of the most preferred messengers in the U.S., predators and scammers often seek victims there.
Table Of Contents
A Couple of Worrying Facts about WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messenger for smartphones widely used by kids and adults in the U.S. It is also the most popular mobile messenger app worldwide that counts about 1.6 billion monthly users. What’s more, WhatsApp is the third most used social network across the globe, following Facebook and YouTube.
In 2019, WhatsApp became the third most adopted mobile messenger in the United States (after Facebook and Snapchat). Despite numerous security-related discussions, WhatsApp is predicted to increase its U.S. userbase to 85.8 million in 2023.
How Do I Know that Others Are In Trouble on WhatsApp?
If people close to you get upset after receiving another message on WhatsApp, it can be a sign of being abused by a predator or cheated by a scammer.
In some cases, our loved ones avoid telling us about being harassed by someone on the Internet. They are afraid of us overreacting, which can make the situation even worse. That’s why people often delete their WhatsApp conversations.
However, it’s important to be able to detect that something’s wrong, especially if your kid or partner is withholding information. You need to reveal the truth even if it means restoring WhatsApp deleted messages on another person’s mobile device.
It’s good to know that you can use at least 3 reliable methods to do it.
1. How to Use the mSpy App to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages
If you want to monitor someone’s WhatsApp securely and effectively, consider using a monitoring app, such as mSpy.
Not only can you see actual and deleted WhatsApp conversations with its help, but you also can view sent and received multimedia files, see details of each conversation, and block unwanted contacts.
As a multifunctional parental control app, mSpy allows you to:
- Monitor social media chats
- See conversations on instant messengers
- Track real-time locations
- Set restricted areas on the map
- Get notifications when the target person breaks the borders
- Monitor calls and view call logs
- See connected Wi-Fi networks
- Check out visited websites
If you want to get a single solution that can perform multiple tasks, mSpy is your perfect match. Unlike other similar apps, it can be installed without rooting/jailbreaking the target cell phone.
2. How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp Using Chat Backup
If someone hides their WhatsApp messages from you and deletes them right after receiving them, it can be a sign of being bullied or harassed by a predator. If you want to find out what’s going on in their digital life, you need to learn how to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on their cell phone.
As WhatsApp creates a backup of recent chats from the last seven days, you can easily restore them.
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android:
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your kid’s device.
- Download the app and reinstall it.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions, enter your mobile phone number and country code.
- WhatsApp will offer you to restore chats from a backup — turn on the restoring option.
- Now, you can see deleted WhatsApp messages and find who has recently texted to the target person.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Conversations on an iPhone:
- Connect the target iPhone to the PC and run Syncios Data Recovery.
- Click the Start button to scan the device. Give the program a few minutes to complete scanning.
- Tick off WhatsApp and WhatsApp Attachments to load the deleted files.
- Preview the found data. Go to WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments to see all conversations. Select those you’d like to get back.
- Recover the data to your PC. Choose the Recover to iPhone option. The selected WhatsApp chats will be immediately recovered.
3. How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages Using Text Retrieving Apps
Another way to retrieve WhatsApp messages from someone else’s cell phone is by using a third-party application.
If you head to Google Play or App Store, you’ll find dozens of apps that make it possible to recover WhatsApp messages on a target device. Although many message-restoring apps are offered for free, using them comes with some serious risks.
Giving free apps access to another person’s device involves a significant security risk. You don’t know who created the app and their motives behind it. So, there’s a chance you’re downloading an app made by scammers, designed to intercept your personal and credit card information.
If you don’t want to risk other people’s privacy and security, consider using an official monitoring app that you know is safe to install.
How to Read Deleted Messages on WhatsApp Safely?
Now that you know more about WhatsApp message recovery, you can choose an option that suits you best.
Tech-savvy people can try the first method and restore deleted messages on WhatsApp by using the backup. Those who are less familiar with modern technologies can use the second option and download a third-party app to retrieve their kid’s WhatsApp conversations. However, they need to take into account all possible risks.
Those who value safety and want to gain better insight into someone else’s online activities are recommended to use an official parental control app, such as mSpy.