With the drastic increase of cyberbullying among schoolchildren and the growing number of online predators, parents need to think about their kids’ online safety. One of the options to protect a child from the dangers of the Internet is to install a parental control app on their phone.
A good monitoring app, such as mSpy, makes it possible to track a child’s location, set geofencing, monitor social media, and see multimedia files on their phone right from your device. However, to let mSpy perform its protecting functions correctly, you need to know how to download and install mSpy properly. In this article, we will guide you on the installation process, so that you can monitor your kid’s device remotely.
Table Of Contents
Step 1. Purchase mSpy Subscription
Before installing mSpy on a target device, you need to purchase a subscription that corresponds to your needs.
- Choose a monitored device depending on its operating system. mSpy is available for iOS and Android.
- Select a package. At the moment, mSpy offers 3 options: 1-month, 2-months, and 3-months subscriptions. N0te, if you want to use mSpy’s advanced features, you may need to root or jailbreak the target device.
- Finalize your purchase. You can now add the desired package to the cart and use your banking credentials to make a payment.
After you complete all the steps, we will send you a confirmation email that contains your order details, link to the Control Panel, username, and password. You will need them to install the app and access your Control Panel.
Step 2: Disable Play Protect
To install mSpy, you need to disable Play Protect on the target device. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Play Store and tap the Menu button.
- Make sure that a target device is unlocked, charged, and connected to the Internet.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Find and tap Play Protect.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner.
- Disable Scan device for security threats.
You’re now ready to move to the next step.
Step 3: Download mSpy Installer
Follow the steps described below to download mSpy:
- Open a Google Chrome browser on a target device.
- Tap the address bar
- Paste the link you received by email (after purchasing mSpy) into the address bar and press Go.
- Draw the shape to pass the captcha security check and click Download. Click OK in the pop-up window.
- If a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen, tap Open -> Settings -> Allow from This Source and go back.
- Tap Next.
- Wait until the download is complete and tap Open.
Step 4: Install mSpy
In this part, we’ll guide you on installing the mSpy apk file on the target device. When you complete this step, you will be able to monitor your kid’s phone remotely without them knowing.
- Tick the checkbox Accept the License Agreement.
- If a prompt appears, tap Allow for all permissions. Follow the wizard instructions and give all the needed permissions.
- Enter the Registration Code that we’ve previously sent to your email.
- Press Complete Installation.
Now, you are ready to monitor the target device.
Step 5. Start Monitoring
To start tracking your kid’s online activity, you need to access your mSpy account and head over to your Control Panel. Fill in the target device’s information (make, model, and phone number) and monitor your child’s calls, websites, and social media apps right from your smartphone.