With the drastic increase of cyberbullying among schoolchildren and the growing number of online predators, parents need to think about their kids’ online safety. One of the options to protect a child from the dangers of the Internet is to install a parental control app on their phone.
A good monitoring app, such as mSpy, makes it possible to track a child’s location, set geofencing, monitor social media, and see multimedia files on their phone right from your device. However, to let mSpy perform its protecting functions correctly, you need to know how to download and install mSpy properly.
In this article, we will guide you on the installation process, so that you can monitor your kid’s device remotely. You can always watch the video if it is easier for you to perceive information visually.
Table Of Contents
Do You Have to Install mSpy on Target Phone? Top 5 Reasons
Monitoring, when done responsibly and with good intentions, can serve several important purposes:
- Safeguarding Your Family: Protect the safety and well-being of each family member, especially those with unique needs or vulnerabilities.
- Shielding Against Online Threats: Keep your children safe from online predators and cyberbullies with the help of mSpy.
- Detecting Risky Behavior: Identify and address potentially dangerous habits or behaviors such as substance abuse, self-harm, or engagement in risky activities.
- Promoting Healthy Habits: Encourage responsible behavior and balanced screen time by monitoring your child’s phone and internet use, guiding them towards age-appropriate activities, and teaching them about digital citizenship.
- Building Trust and Communication: Use monitoring to foster open conversations and trust with your child, establish clear boundaries, and discuss the importance of online safety and responsible device usage.
So, do you have to install mSpy on a target phone? Yes, with the best interests and well-being of all parties involved in mind.
Step 1. Purchase mSpy Subscription
Before installing mSpy on a target device, you need to purchase a subscription that corresponds to your needs.
- Choose the type of device you want to monitor. mSpy is available for iOS and Android.
- Select a package. At the moment, mSpy offers 3 options: 1-month, 3-month, and 12-month subscriptions. Note, if you want to use mSpy’s advanced features, you may need to root or jailbreak the target device.
- Finalize your purchase. You can now add the desired package to the cart and use your banking credentials to make a payment.
After you complete all the steps, we will send you a confirmation email that contains your order details, link to the Control Panel, username, and password. You will need them to install the app and access your Control Panel.
Step 2: Disable Play Protect
To install mSpy, you need to disable Play Protect on the target device. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Play Store.
- Make sure that a target device is unlocked, charged, and connected to the Internet.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner or the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Find and tap Play Protect.
- Tap Settings (cogwheel icon) in the top right corner.
- Disable Scan apps with Play Protect -> tap Turn off.
You’re now ready to move to the next step.
Step 3: Download mSpy Installer
Follow these steps to download mSpy:
- Open a Google Chrome browser on a target device.
- Tap the address bar.
- Paste the link provided in the wizard into the address bar and tap Go.
- Check the box to pass the captcha security check and tap Download.
- If a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen, tap Open -> Settings -> Allow from This Source and go back.
- Tap Next.
- Wait until the download is complete and tap Open.
Step 4: Install mSpy
In this part, we’ll guide you on installing mSpy apk on the target device. When you complete this step, you will be able to monitor your kid’s phone remotely without them knowing.
- Tap Allow on all popups to grant access to the phone’s data (phone calls, contacts, location, messages, etc.). Follow the wizard instructions and give all the needed permissions for the app to work correctly.
- Enter the Registration Code you’ve received in the wizard after completing the previous steps.
- Tap Complete Installation.
Now, you are ready to monitor the target device.
Does the installation process still seem too complicated? We’ve prepared a video with detailed instructions to help you with this procedure. Or you can always contact our Support team.
Step 5. Start Monitoring
To start tracking your kid’s online activity, you need to access your mSpy account and head over to your Control Panel. Monitor your child’s calls, websites, and social media apps right from your smartphone.