Instagram is a popular social media app that 1 billion people use every month. Every second, another post or story is added. Every day the app gets thousands of new users.
Kids especially love Instagram as it allows them to stay connected and share the events of their life. Youngsters use the app to make new friends and get entertained. And, of course, they don’t care about the potential dangers that the app may impose on them.
Table Of Contents
Has Instagram Become More Dangerous with the Release of Its New Feature?
Instant messengers and social media apps, such as Instagram, have always been a favorable environment for cyberbullying and predator harassment. As kids are opened to communication, it’s absolutely not a problem for a predator to befriend a kid.
And, with the release of the Instagram disappearing mode, the danger has enhanced. Not only can predators abuse kids online, but they can also benefit from leaving no trace, as messages now vanish right after being read.
The only way for parents to identify a predator on their kids’ Instagram is by learning to retrieve Instagram messages on their own. In this article, we’ll share three methods of how you can do it.
How to See Someone Else’s Direct Messages on Instagram: 3 Methods
1. How to See Someone’s Texts on Instagram from Their Account?
If you and your kid have a relationship built on trust, you might already know their Instagram credentials, including their password. In this case, you can access their account right from your device and check out their DMs.
If you don’t have the Instagram app installed on your phone, download it from the App Store or Google Play. The installation will take a few seconds. Then, just sign in using your kid’s credentials.
All that’s left is to tap the Direct Message button in your kid’s profile.
You can view Instagram messages sent and received by your child by tapping the conversation you want to view.
2. How to Retrieve Deleted Instagram Messages from Your Kid’s Phone
When kids get into trouble, they often hide it from their parents. And in the world of Instagram DMs, hiding means deleting messages that contain evidence of abuse or harassment. Good news, though. You can restore those messages.
Although Instagram doesn’t have an option to back up deleted direct messages, they remain available on the server. You need to do the following to restore them:
1) Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2) Log in using your kid’s Instagram account credentials.
3) Go to the Profile page by tapping the Profile icon. You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4) When you are redirected to the Profile page, tap the Settings icon:
5) Go to Privacy and Security.
6) Tap Request Download in the Data Download section.
7) To get a copy of your kid’s Instagram account data, you need to enter your email and click Next. Then, you will be asked for a password. Use your kid’s.
8) Instagram will need up to 48 hours to create the data file for your account and email it to you.
Note that you may need to download a third-party app to open the received files.
3. How to See Someone Else’s DMS on Instagram with mSpy?
It’s no secret that the best way to protect your kid from the dangers of the Internet is to prevent them from getting into trouble. That’s why it’s good to know how to get into someone’s Instagram without a password.
A proven way to do it is by installing a parental control app, such as mSpy, on another person’s phone.
Follow these steps to set up mSpy:
- Sign up with mSpy.com and choose a package that suits your needs.
- Check your email and find a letter from mSpy. It contains the installation guide.
- Access your kid’s phone.
- Follow the installation instructions received via email.
- Log in to your Control Panel and link your kid’s device to your account.
- Wait a few minutes for mSpy to collect your kid’s Instagram account data.
- Start monitoring your child’s phone remotely.
Can mSpy Help Me with Anything Else?
As mSpy is a parental control app with advanced functionality, it also allows you to view someone’s private Instagram photos and see their contacts.
What’s more, you can monitor other social media apps, such as Kik, Facebook, Tinder, and Line, with mSpy. You can also see your child’s SMS, call logs, visited websites, real-time locations, calendar events, and other online activities.
In other words, mSpy gives parents full control over their kid’s digital lives so that no predators or cyberbullies could intrude there.
What Is the Best Way to Monitor Instagram?
Now you know how to see your kid’s Instagram messages. It’s up to you which method to choose. However, we recommend that you give mSpy a try.
Since the app can monitor all your kids’ online activity, you can gain peace of mind when your children browse the web or communicate on social media. mSpy allows you to see their private conversations, images, and videos. And, of course, you can check out their deleted messages.
Consider using a parental control app if you want to get a clearer picture of what your children are up to online. And keep your loved ones safe.