There are a lot of anti-theft apps on the Google Play Store, which may be a lifesaver in case your phone is lost or stolen. Unfortunately, many people recall about such apps only when their phone has already been stolen. If you lost your Android phone and it doesn’t have a tracking app installed, this article is for you.
Below is a quick guide for tracking stolen Android devices.
How to track stolen/lost Android phone?
- Use Google Find my Device
This feature is easy and convenient in use. It helps you easily locate your phone and keep all your information safe. Follow these simple steps to track your Android device.
- go to the https://myaccount.google.com/
- open Settings and choose Security;
- turn the option Find My Mobile;
- turn on the GPS feature;
In order to use Find my Device feature, your lost Android phone should be:
- turned on and have location on;
- connected to the Internet (Wi-Fi or mobile data);
- signed into a Google Account;
- visible on Google Play
You can use three options to protect your lost phone:
- Play a sound. Your phone will play for five minutes, even if it is in silent mode.
- Lock. You can lock your phone, so nobody else can open it and see your personal information.
- Erase. You can use this option to delete all sensitive information.
- Use Find my Phone app
If previous settings don’t work, there is another variant how to track your phone.
- use another Android phone;
- open the Find My Device App (in case the other device doesn’t have it, install it from the Google Play Market);
- sign in;
- tap Continue as [name] if you want to find your own device;
- tap Sign in as a guest if you are helping another person;
- follow the same as for the website.
- Use mSpy app
With the help of mSpy you will be able to:
- see actual location and current movements of your phone on the detailed map;
- look through the route history over a certain period of time;
- monitor GPS and geo-fencing location;
There are three available options to track a stolen Android phone. First one gives you an opportunity to track your phone with the help of your Google account. Also you are able to make your phone sound as well as lock and erase it. The second one allows you to track your phone with the help of app installed on another phone. The third one allows you to monitor GPS location, geo-fencing, current location and route history. Choose the most convenient one according to your needs.
mSpy- Know. Prevent. Protect.