Do you get irritated when your kids stare into the screens of their smartphones all the time? It’s no wonder if you do, as children are glued to their phones nowadays.
They spend hours communicating on social media apps, such as Snapchat. And they exchange everything with each other, starting from accidentally made photos and ending up with “sexts.”
Although Snapchat is designed so that all the snaps are deleted immediately after being read, the app still imposes a severe danger to young people. That’s why parents need to know how to see Snapchat history of their kids.
Table Of Contents
The Secret Life of Snaps: Why Kids and Teens Love Snapchat
Snapchat has a built-in feature that erases snaps in 10 seconds after they are read by a recipient. That’s the main point why young people love Snapchat.
Because of a fake sense of security, some teens misuse the app by disclosing personal information and sharing intimate content. As they believe that no one can catch them sexting on Snapchat, they see no danger in sending a nude image to strangers.
However, predators, who hide under the image of a friend or a mate, often use those images to harass and exploit children. In their turn, youngsters are often afraid to tell everything to their parents.
So, the exploitation can last pretty long until a kid dares to say about it, or a parent finds a way to reveal it.
How to Look at Other People’s Snapchats: 3 Proven Ways
If you suspect that your kid is bullied or harassed on Snapchat, we have good news. You can check out your kid’s snaps without them knowing. In this article, we’ll cover 3 most efficient ways to view someone’s Snapchats.
1. How to Check Someone’s Snapchat By Recovering Their Deleted Photos on Android
If your child owns an Android device, you can see what photos they have exchanged with other users. To do it, you can restore deleted images on their phone. However, you need to note that you can’t do it remotely.
Here’s how you can check your kid’s deleted multimedia files:
- Access your child’s device.
- Open File Manager on it.
- Follow the address “com.snapchat.android > cache > received_image_snaps”.
- Look for the folder named “com.snapchat.android.”
- Restore the needed media files and view them immediately.
2. How to See Other People’s Snapchats They Send from an iPhone
If you’re in dire need to monitor your kid’s Snapchat on an iPhone, there are two ways to do it. You can restore backup files from your kid’s iCloud to see their Snapchat message history or restore their backup files from iTunes.
Both methods require that you know the target person’s Apple credentials and can access their iPhone.
Restoring Backup Files from iCloud
- Go to Settings, scroll down, and tap General.
- Choose Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Restart the device.
- When on a setup interface, login with your kid’s Apple ID and password.
- When you are on the Apps and Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- View your kid’s chatting history.
Restoring Backup Files from iTunes
If you want to restore Snapchat backup files from your kid’s iTunes, you need a PC:
- Connect your kid’s iPhone to iTunes on a computer.
- Tap the phone icon and go to Summary.
- Click Restore Backup.
- Choose a backup file that contains Snapchat files
- Click Restore.
- View your kid’s snaps.
3. How to View Snapchat Messages Using a Parental Control App
Restoring Snapchat backup files and deleted multimedia files can be a life-saving idea if you need a solution right now. However, it’s obviously not enough when you want to gain full insight into your kid’s Snapchat activity.
If you want to monitor your child’s social media life in real-time and not only view Snapchat history, you may consider using a parental control app, such as mSpy.
Here is a quick guide on how to see other people’s snaps with mSpy:
- Sign up with mSpy.com.
- Choose a subscription that suits your needs best.
- Access a target phone and follow the installation instructions received via email. If your child owns an iPhone, make sure that you know their iCloud credentials. If you want to install mSpy on an iPhone, note that you need to access it.
- Log in to your Control Panel and add the monitored device.
- Give mSpy a few minutes to collect the data and start monitoring your child’s Snapchat remotely.
If you make a decision to purchase mSpy, you need to take into account the following matter: some advanced features may require jailbreaking your kid’s iPhone or rooting their Android phone.
We recommend that you double-check feature requirements in your mSpy package.
Why mSpy Is the Best Solution for Me?
As was noted earlier, mSpy makes it possible to monitor your child’s Snapchat activity in real-time. What’s more, you can do it anytime right from your smartphone.
Designed to move parental controls onto the next level, mSpy delivers a comprehensive monitoring experience to parents.
Additionally, to Snapchat, you can monitor your kid’s activity on Instagram Facebook, Tinder, Kik, and other social media apps and instant messengers. Not only can you read their chats and view media files, but you can also check out contacts and block the unwanted ones.
mSpy also allows monitoring your child’s actual location, set geofences, view call logs, read SMS, browse visited webpages, and check out other online activity.
Now you are aware of how dangerous Snapchat can be for your child. It’s good to know that you can find a way to detect the danger on time and prevent your child from getting into trouble.
It’s up to you how to monitor your kid’s Snapchat: by restoring backup files, recovering deleted photos, or by monitoring them with the help of mSpy. Just make sure that the chosen method allows you to know as much as possible about your kid’s activity on social media.