Digital technologies have taken their place alongside kids’ and teens’ lives. Like it or not, but minors and youngsters prefer to communicate with others on the Internet rather than meet up and talk in person.
They use social media apps, instant messengers, online chat rooms, and video game platforms to make new friends and have fun. However, kids don’t really know who a person on the other side is — a peer or a predator. And it’s a major concern of children’s Internet use.
Researchers say that for teens aged 13-17, texting is the most convenient form of communication. At the same time, a third of all teens who meet strangers online also meet them in person.
As a parent, you need to be aware of who your kids talk to online and arrange real-life meetings with. A proven way to find out without disturbing your kid’s privacy is by monitoring phone calls on their mobile devices.
Table Of Contents
How to Track Phone Calls and Text Messages for Free?
If you’re feeling that your kid is in danger of meeting up with a predator, consider monitoring your child’s phone calls without them knowing. You can do it in two ways: by using free monitoring software or by installing a parental control app on their mobile device.
1. Use a Parental Control App
If you want to know how to monitor phone calls on your kid’s mobile device safely, consider using a parental control app. Usually, its essential pack of features includes tracking phone calls, reading text messages, monitoring locations, and viewing media files.
Some monitoring apps offer advanced features that parents can use to protect their kids from the dangers of the Internet. For example, the mSpy parental control app allows you to monitor social media chats, setting restricted areas on the map, blocking suspicious contacts, and more.
Although parental control apps are offered on a subscription basis, there is an option to use them for free. Most of them have a free trial or a risk-free probation period with a possibility to get a refund.
Note, if you’re going to use a parental control app after a trial is over, you’ll need to make a payment.
2. Use a Free Phone Call Tracker
Using free software to track phone calls on your kid’s device might be the first idea that comes to mind. You can find hundreds of free monitoring programs on the Internet. However, before installing them on your kid’s device, you need to note a few things:
- Free software may contain viruses that disrupt the work of your device
- Usually, developers do not support free programs, so you won’t get it fixed if something goes wrong
- Free apps are often used by online scammers to steal credit card data from users
It’s up to you whether to download a free monitoring software or not. Just make sure that saving money is worth putting your kid’s online safety in danger.
How to Monitor Cell Phone Calls with mSpy
mSpy is a parental control app that allows tracking phone calls on another person’s mobile phone remotely. You only need a few simple steps to get the app working:
- Go to mSpy.com and sign up.
- Select a subscription and make a payment.
- Open your inbox, find a welcoming letter, and follow a link to download the software.
- Follow the installation instructions to install mSpy on a target device.
- Log in to your mSpy dashboard and add your kid’s device.
- Find the needed feature and start monitoring your child’s phone calls.
Can I Monitor Other Activities with mSpy?
Do you agree that a parental control app should combine multiple features to provide you with the most effective monitoring possibilities? If you do, you’ll be happy to know that mSpy offers a set of about 30 features that help you keep an eye on your child on the Internet.
With mSpy, you can:
- View calls logs and restrict calls
- Read text messages and block suspicious contacts
- Track real-time locations
- Set restricted areas and get alerts when your kid enters them
- Monitor social media apps
- View chats in instant messengers
- See sent and received multimedia files
- View visited websites
- Check out planned events in a calendar
Although intercepting another person’s calls can be considered illegal action and a privacy violation, parents sometimes the power to take action and protect their kids. If your teen considers social media as the only way to find a friend or a mate, you need to think about installing a parental control app on their phone.
If properly used, monitoring software, such as mSpy, can be a life-saver for your family. By intercepting a phone call from a predator on time, you can prevent your kid from making a fatal mistake.