Mobile phones and social media are integral parts of a modern kid’s life. Researches tell that about 53% of children in the U.S. own a smartphone by the age of 11. And about 51% of teens aged 13-17 are reported to access social media at least once per day.
Although the Internet opens the door to free education and communication, young people start interacting with strangers they would never approach in real life. When it comes to e-safety, kids can face hazards, such as cyberbullying, sextortion, and online harassment. What’s more, frequent use of social media can result in Internet addiction or depression (if a child fails to meet the social standards).
As a parent, you need to keep an eye on your child’s smartphone activities. One of the best ways to do so is by using a parental control app, such as mSpy. If you want to know how exactly mSpy can prevent your children from being cyberbullied or groomed by online predators, read this review.
Table Of Contents
What is mSpy?
mSpy is a parental control app that makes it possible to track your kid’s online activity remotely. Available for Android and iOS, mSpy provides parents with clear insights into their kids’ smartphone usage. The basic features include tracking a child’s GPS location, call logs, and text messages right from your mobile phone. All the data collected from a target device is stored in a single place – the mSpy Control Panel.
What I Can Do with mSpy App
mSpy parental control app includes various features that allow monitoring of the following activities:
- Browsing history: monitor visited URLs, view bookmarks, and block adult sites
- Contacts: view the list of contacts and block those you consider suspicious
- SMS/MMS: read sent and received SMS and MMS on your kid’s phone
- Call logs: view the list of incoming and outgoing calls
- Calendar: view calendar events, tasks, and notes
- Keyword alerts: set triggering words (e.g., drugs, alcohol, suicide) and get notifications when kids type them
- Installed apps: check the list of installed apps and block inappropriate ones
- Photos/videos: view photos and videos in your kid’s gallery to find out what they have been up to
- GPS location: track your kid’s whereabouts, view route history, and see their time stamps
- Keylogger: capture every keystroke on your kid’s device to prevent unwanted interactions and unhealthy exposures
- Geo-fencing: set safe and dangerous areas and be notified when a kid leaves or enters them
- Wi-Fi networks: check Wi-Fi hotspots on a target device and block unsafe networks
- Emails: read incoming and outgoing emails
- Facebook: check sent and received texts shared on Facebook messenger
- Snapchat: read your kid’s Snaps and monitor their outgoing media files
- Hangouts: check sent and received messages on Hangouts
- Instagram: monitor your kid’s direct messenger to ensure they don’t communicate with cyberbullies and online predators
- WhatsApp: view texts, calls, and media content shared in WhatsApp
- Viber: check incoming and outgoing calls on Viber
- Skype: view calls and texts on Skype
- Telegram: check sent and received messages on Telegram
- Tinder: check conversations on Tinder
Before installing mSpy, note that the set of features depends on the subscription. Some features, such as monitoring emails and Instagram messages, are available only within the Premium package and can require rooting a target device.
How Much Does mSpy Cost?
Although mSpy offers a diverse set of handy functions, it is cheaper than many parental control apps. You can choose among Basic and Premium subscriptions if you need to monitor a single device. The Family Kit solution allows tracking up to three devices simultaneously. You can clarify the mSpy price by contacting the customer support team.
If you’re still on the fence, you can use the mSpy free trial valid for seven days. You can also access the demo version on the mSpy.com main page to figure out how the app operates.
How Does mSpy work?
Getting started with mSpy is simple. Depending on a target device’s OS, you need to follow a different sequence of steps to install the app.
Installing mSpy on Android
mSpy monitoring software is compatible with Android OS 4 and above. Before you start installing the app, you need to turn off Google Play protection. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Settings on your target device.
- Open Google and choose Security.
- Choose Google Play Protect.
- Disable Scan device for security threats.
To launch the installation, follow the steps listed below:
- Open a browser (we recommend using Google Chrome) and select Incognito Mode.
- Paste the link you received by email (after purchasing mSpy)
- Draw the shape in the box and download the file.
- Open the File Manager and go to Downloads.
- Find the apk file and click on it to start the installation.
During the mSpy setup, you need to take a few more actions:
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Turn on the Prevent uninstall button.
- Allow Keylogger tracking. It will throw you to Accessibility. Scroll down to Framework Update Service and turn it on.
- Allow collecting data. It will take you to the Usage Data Access. Find Update Service and turn it on.
- Decide whether you want to hide or keep the icon of a target device.
To finish the installation, open your mSpy Control Panel. Fill in your kid’s information, choose the target OS, and activate mSpy using the Registration Code that you find there. After you press the Finish button, go to mSpy.com and use your mSpy login and password to access your account. You can now start monitoring your kid’s device remotely.
How to Install mSpy on iPhone?
Installing mSpy on an iOS device is even easier than doing so on Android. That’s because you don’t need to install mSpy manually on a target iPhone. To get started with the mSpy no-jailbreak solution, you need to know the target device’s iCloud credentials.
To start with, activate iCloud backup on your kid’s device. Then, purchase the mSpy no-jailbreak package by following the link: https://www.mSpy.com/buynow.html. Once the purchase is confirmed, you will get a welcome email with further instructions. Note that mSpy may need about 24 hours to download the data from a target device to your mSpy Control Panel.
Is mSpy Detectable?
mSpy parental control app is designed to monitor your child’s phone remotely without them knowing. So, it’s pretty difficult to detect it on a target phone. There are no visible traces of its presence unless you choose to leave the mSpy icon on during its installation.
Is mSpy legit?
It’s natural that you may be concerned about the legitimacy of using a monitoring app. However, the law allows you to monitor other person’s online device in two cases:
- If you monitor your kids under 18
- If you track another person’s activity with their consent
What’s more, mSpy doesn’t support remote phone call recording, which is illegal in many U.S. states. So, using the app is entirely legitimate if you don’t violate another person’s privacy.
mSpy is a parental control app that assists parents to understand their kid’s online activities better. If your kid experiences problems, mSpy can help you detect their source and prevent children from being bullied or harassed online. If you want to know more about mSpy, feel free to contact our 24/7 Customer Support.