There’s not a lot of NetSpy information out there. While you might have heard people talk about the monitoring app that’s popular with some Android users (and a few iOS users too), there aren’t a lot of official reviews from people who’ve actually tested the NetSpy app.
That’s where our NetSpy review comes in. We’ve taken the time to explore every inch of the monitoring software. When you’re done reading what we have to say, you’ll feel like a Net Spy pro.
Table Of Contents
Features: What NetSpy Lets You Do Out of the Box
Read their text messages. If they communicate with their friends by text message on their Android, NetSpy has you covered with simple text message monitoring. You’ll be able to see every SMS message that was sent and received.
Read their social media chats. Text messaging is no longer the dominant communication method. Today, many people chat using apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. With NetSpy, you can review their conversations.
Capture keystrokes. If you’re worried that they’re typing something controversial, NetSpy aims to put your mind at ease by capturing every keystroke typed with the built-in keylogger.
View their browser history. Are you worried that they’re looking at pornography or visiting sites that they really shouldn’t be visiting? NetSpy shows you with a detailed history of their web habits.
Block sites and apps. If you’re concerned that they’re visiting sites you don’t approve of or using apps you don’t want them to use, you can block them Net Spy rather easily.
|Compatibility||Android & iOS|
|Pricing||Free (but Pro version comes with a cost)|
|# of devices||Unlimited|
|Social media tracking||Yes|
|Set restrictions remotely||No|
NetSpy Pros and Cons
- Works remotely. Once you install Net Spy Pro on their device, you’ll be able to access their information remotely through your own dedicated account. You can log in on any device to see their digital world.
- Includes hard-to-find features. You’ll find all the common features that you’d expect in a monitoring app. But there are some additional ones too, like call recording.
- Installing is easy. The website provides you with detailed instructions for Android. And for iPhone, all you need is their iCloud credentials.
- iOS support is limited. Not every NetSpy review spells this out clearly, but we will. If they use iPhone, you won’t have as many monitoring features at your disposal as you will on Android, so keep that in mind.
- Dashboard isn’t very good. A lot of monitoring apps follow a similar user interface pattern. And there’s a good reason for that. If it feels familiar, it’s easier to use. Net Spy hasn’t really followed this philosophy, so their dashboard isn’t very intuitive.
- Not as many features as the competition. You’ll find more feature-rich
NetSpy in a Nutshell
Overall, NetSpy is a capable monitoring app. You’ll find several useful functions, like social media monitoring and a keylogger. And like comparable apps, it works in hidden mode, so they won’t know you’re using it. But when comparing it to other more popular apps on the market, NetSpy has some obvious shortcomings.
These include a sup-bar user interface and not as many features. Take mSpy, for instance. The app offers pretty much everything you’ll find in NetSpy, plus even more monitoring capabilities. For example, with mSpy, you can take screenshots of their phone as they use it.
There’s also support for way more social media apps. You can also receive alerts if they use specific words in chat or search and get alerted when they come and go from any specific location.
Full disclosure: mSpy does cost a little more than NetSpy. But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. With mSpy, that means more features, reliable help when you need it, and regularly updated software so you know you’ll be supported when the latest Android and iOS updates drop.
You can check out the free mSpy demo and see how it stacks up to Net Spy Pro. And if you like what you see, it’s easy to install mSpy on their iPhone or Android.