Modern kids are pretty tech-savvy. They surf the web regularly to entertain themselves, research all kinds of stuff, and chat with friends. It’s no surprise that parents seek ways to protect youngsters from the dangers of the Internet.
A proven way to prevent kids from getting into trouble online is to install a parental control app on their phones. PhoneSherrif is one of the options.
If you’re about to try this app, you need to consider an important fact. The Retina-X Studios company that released Phone Sheriff became a victim of fraud. So, they had to stop supporting some of their products, including this one.
No need to search for PhoneSheriff reviews. Simply head over to their website to see that the app doesn’t work anymore.
So, if you’re a parent who needs a solution that works right now, you can try the mSpy app. However, if you want to know about PhoneSherrif, feel free to read this review.
Table Of Contents
What Is PhoneSherrif?
PhoneSheriff is a parental control app designed by Retina-X Studios. It was created for all modern parents who want to ensure the online safety of their kids.
PhoneSheriff allows you to watch your kid’s activity remotely without them knowing. You can monitor their calls and SMS, get panic alerts, view photos, and track their GPS location.
If you want to use PhoneSheriff, you need to install it on your kid’s phone. Speaking about the compatible devices that work well with PhoneSheriff, iPhone isn’t on the list. However. The app works well on Android phones and tablets.
What Are the Main PhoneSherrif Features?
Although parental control apps allow tracking a wide range of activities, not all of them can guarantee an advanced monitoring experience. According to various Phone Sheriff reviews, this app has pretty limited functionality:
- Text messages. Monitor and check out SMS logs sent and received by a child.
- Phone calls. Find out who called your child and when it happened. Check the phone call history and make sure that your kid doesn’t communicate with suspicious people.
- GPS location tracking. Find out your child’s whereabouts and see their real-time location.
- Installed apps. Check out the list of installed apps on your kid’s phone.
- Messaging apps. Monitor your child’s Snapchat, Instagram, and other messengers remotely.
- Alerts and notiﬁcations. Get immediate alerts and notiﬁcations via SMS or email for any profanity used by kids. Set up custom words for instant alerts and get notiﬁcations when specific words are typed by a child.
- Contacts and calendars. See all contacts and calendar events and check out who your kids plan to meet up.
How Do I Start Using PhoneSheriff?
PhoneSheriff offers two types of licenses. Each allows for tracking up to three mobile devices. But before you start monitoring, you need to install PhoneSheriff correctly:
- Sign up. Head over to phonesheriff.com and create an account. Make sure to indicate your relevant email address.
- Purchase a subscription. Choose between a 6-month or yearly plan. You can submit the payment via VISA, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards. It is also possible to pay using PayPal. The PhoneSheriff name won’t be displayed on your receipt.
- Set up the app. After the system processes your payment, you will receive an email with installation instructions. Follow them to set up the app on your kid’s phone. Note that you need to access it, as a remote installation is impossible.
When the app is ready, you can log in to your dashboard, link your child’s device, and start monitoring.
PhoneSherrif vs mSpy
PhoneSheriff no longer delivers monitoring services. But there is another powerful parental control app you can switch to.
mSpy is an innovative and easy-to-use monitoring app that helps parents keep track on their kid’s online activities.
With mSpy, users can set call restrictions, monitor chats on social media, view photos and videos, and fully control their kid’s phones remotely.
What else makes mSpy stand out? Here’s just a taste:
- Data encryption. mSpy uses data encryption to protect your personal data online. It guarantees data security by encoding all the information and generating an encryption key for the following decoding.
- Technical support. Even users without any technical skills can install the mSpy application, as our support managers are always there to help you. Technical specialists will guide you through the installation process and help you set up the application remotely.
- Adjustable update interval. Users can decide how often they want data to be updated. mSpy connects to the servers to actualize the information and transfer the activity records to your Control Panel. You can adjust the software to refresh data every 10 minutes or every hour.
- Variety of payment methods. Purchasing your mSpy subscription is easy, as you can choose between multiple payment providers.
So, what are you waiting for? Check out these and other mSpy’s amazing features right away.
Please advise is there another way if u dont have access to the target device. In another state..
Hello, Monty! Unfortunately, there is no option to install the software without having the phone at all. If the person has an iPhone, you might be able to install it by inputting the target’s device iCloud credentials, but this also might not work if the phone has 2fa-authentication enabled.