If you a parent of a kid or a teen, you might know that dealing with smartphone obsession is kind of a challenge. Online games, social media apps, forums, and chatrooms — kids just can’t get enough.
However, in addition to providing entertainment and engagement, it imposes a severe danger for youngsters. Predators, bullies, and scammers are there to hurt kids and get the most out of their trust.
That’s why parents seek ways to deal with the dangers of the Internet. Many of them choose parental control apps, such as Pumpic and mSpy, as a solution.
If you Google Pumpic reviews, you’ll find out that the app doesn’t work anymore. In 2018, it was purchased by WebWatcher. If you want to know more, we recommend that you read our WebWatcher review.
But if you need a solution that works right now, consider using mSpy.
Table Of Contents
What Is Pumpic?
Pumpic is a parental control app designed to help parents know what their kids are up to online. The app is equipped with monitoring features aimed to prevent children from getting into trouble on the Internet and minimize the risks of them being involved in cyberbullying, sexting, or becoming victims of online scammers.
The Pumpic app is available for Android-operated devices and iPhones. Parents can use it to view their kids’ texts, call logs, search history, GPS location, and contacts.
How Does Pumpic Work?
After you install Pumpic on your kid’s device, the app starts collecting data about phone usage. The gathered information is then displayed in your online dashboard and easily accessed from your phone or PC.
It’s pretty easy to use Pumpic. First, you need to purchase a subscription that corresponds to your needs. Then, you should create an account on their official website. Finally, you need to follow the installation instruction that will be emailed to you after your payment is accepted.
Note that the Pumpic mobile monitoring app is aimed at legal usage only. If you want to monitor another person’s device, you need to get their permission (unless a monitored person is your kid under 18). Otherwise, it can lead to legal problems.
How Much Does Pumpic Cost?
Before WebWatcher acquired Pumpic, it offered 4 types of subscriptions:
- Basic — $5.33/month
- Basic — $83.99/year
- Premium — $6.99/month
- Premium — $63.99/year
Now, you can buy Pumpic for the following price:
- 1 Month – $39.95
- 3 Months – $59.95
- 12 Months – $129.95
If you want to test the app before purchasing it, you can activate a free trial available for seven days. Don’t forget to cancel the subscription if you don’t like the app to prevent being charged.
What Can I Monitor With Pumpic?
The features for Pumpic iPhone and Android devices include:
- Call history: see incoming and outgoing calls, their durations, and phone numbers of callers
- Text messages: view all text messages, including iMessages
- Location history: track your kid’s current location and view location history
- Photos: check out camera shots and downloaded images
- Browsing history: see the list of visited websites
- Calendar activities: reveal your child’s plans by viewing their calendar events
- Monitor apps: find out what your kid is up to on Skype, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram, and WhatsApp
- Geo-fencing: set restricted areas on the map and get alerts when your kid enters them
- Website blocking: restrict age-inappropriate websites
Unfortunately, Pumpic lacks some useful features. For instance, if you want to retrieve keystroke records from an iOS device with Pumpic, iPhone keylogger won’t be available to you. We recommend that you try mSpy if you need this feature.
Note that the set of features within Pumpic may vary depending on the Android version installed on your kid’s phone. Their device may also require rooting.
Pumpic vs mSpy
If you want to gain full insight into your kid’s phone usage and be updated about their online activity, we recommend that you try an alternative app. mSpy can be an option for you.
It is one of the leading monitoring solutions for smartphones, as it allows viewing multiple activities on a target phone simultaneously.
In addition to basic features, such as monitoring texts, calls, and GPS location, mSpy has a range of advanced features for sophisticated monitoring:
- Restricting calls
- Reading deleted messages
- Using a Keylogger
- Monitoring instant messengers, such as Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Kik, Instagram, Tinder, and Hangouts
- Tracking your kid’s real-time location and their route history
- Setting safe and dangerous areas on the map and getting alerts
- Monitoring installed apps and blocking inappropriate ones
- Keeping an eye on your kid’s Internet activities, viewing visited URLs, blocking age-inappropriate content, and viewing bookmarks
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing emails
- Viewing your kid’s calendar events to make sure they don`t plan a meeting with a stranger.
- Check out connected Wi-Fi networks
- Blocking your kid’s device in case it is stolen or lost to prevent identity theft or data leakage
Once mSpy is set up on a target device and successfully connected to the server, data from a monitored device will be displayed on your personal Control Panel.
And if you have any questions or need technical assistance, contact the mSpy support team anytime.