Most children are on the phone daily, just as several previous generations used to. So, nothing’s changed? Take a closer look, and you’ll notice that, well, talking gave way to texting. Nowadays, text messaging is the preferred way of communication for almost every teen. And sending more than 100 texts a day is not uncommon at all. That’s both good and bad news for parents who want to keep an eye on their children and protect them from danger.
On the one hand, more screen time and consequently more texts that children send can lead to closer relationships with peers. Just as video gaming or social media use, when done in moderation, texting between kids is in no way harmful.
It’s pretty apparent that when they do waste time texting away for hours on end, there’s much less time for homework. Or other extracurricular activities, for that matter. Children spend less quality time with their parents and lose connection with the real world. And they clean forget any grammar! All in all, texting isn’t that harmless, that’s for sure. How can I monitor my child’s text messages without them knowing then? And, should I? Well, read on to get all the answers you need!
Table Of Contents
Why Do Parents Need to Monitor Their Child’s Texts, Is It Legal & Is It a Good Idea
So, is there anything else you should worry about when it comes to your child’s texting habits? Are the facts we mentioned above the only things you should lose sleep over? Unfortunately, there are many more dangers associated with texting, such as:
- Cyber-bullying: As something that more than 70% of teens experienced, it’s a phenomenon most of them are afraid to share with their parents
- Online drug dealers, predators, and scammers: Two-thirds of teens receive unwanted online communications from strangers.
- Unsolicited inappropriate messages, sometimes with explicit content: One in 5 teens reported receiving a message that made them uncomfortable.
In light of these, it appears clear that parents should seriously consider whether to view child’s text messages or not. What may make you hesitate is whether it’s legal or not. ‘Should I read my child’s text messages or not?..’. Well, don’t sweat it—you can do everything in your power to keep tabs on your children, especially if they’re considered minor. As long as it’s done solely for safeguarding your child and nothing else, of course. Better safe than sorry.
Sure, it’s not that easy to finally decide whether it’s ok or not to monitor your child’s text messages. But all things considered, it does appear to be an excellent idea, as this way you can shield your child from many dangerous activities and interactions. What is the best way to go about it? There are quite a few options you can choose from.
How to View Your Child’s Text Messages: 5 Ways (With or Without Their Phone)
Luckily, there are many ways a concerned parent can monitor child’s text messages with minimal effort. Some of them mean you have to install an app on your child’s device. Others take just a few clicks. What’s most important is that to monitor your child’s text messages successfully, you don’t need to be that tech-savvy. Here are some possible ways to track your children’s messages:
- Use a reliable, easy-to-use, feature-rich parental control app—mSpy fits the bill perfectly. You’ll have to do a lot of digging to come across an easier way to access your child’s sent and received text messages. This app to view child’s text messages works on any phone they could use, is easy to set up, and has a fantastic customer support team to guide and help you when needed. It’s the best way to make sure they’re chatting safely and responsibly.
- Ask telecom providers for help. Sure, after lots of paperwork and sweat, some companies may even agree to share at least some data with you. Don’t expect too much, though. You’d be lucky to get anything more than just raw logs, if any.
- Try scores of free apps, which are often the easiest to use. However, they frankly don’t amount to much and have limited functionality. You probably won’t have access to anything worthy of attention this way.
- Sync their messages using iCloud. This way, you’ll be able to reasonably easily take a peek at what messages they send and receive. Unfortunately, to perform it, you are required to know their iCloud credentials and their password. Thus this way is not optimal either.
- Take the old-fashioned route and ask your child to give you his phone. Or go even further and take the device when your child isn’t watching and risk losing your child’s trust forever. To say nothing of the fact, you won’t see much or be able to transfer the data quickly. So, we think this one is the worst option on offer.
So, now you see that indeed there are many answers to the question of how to view my child’s text messages. By the way, it’s equally easy to monitor your child’s iMessage, if you need to. Anyway, is mSpy really that much better than other solutions?
Is There a Better Option Than Installing a Parental Control App?
Still a bit unsure why using a particular app to view child’s text messages, such as mSpy, is the best option there is? Simple! First, it’s effortless to use, and its interface is highly intuitive and even aesthetically pleasing. Second, there’s a host of other helpful features which would cover the needs and wants of even the most demanding parent & user. Third, sensibly priced subscription plans will surely delight parents. And the list goes on and on.
So, in summary: Nothing beats a decent parental control app of the kind that mSpy is when it comes to finding the best way to view child’s text messages. Try it out and see for yourself.
Is There Anything Else You Can Monitor With mSpy?
With your child’s texting habits under supervision, you may want some extra layer of protection and additional functionality. mSpy has you covered! With it, you can also:
- Record their screen at all times
- Track their location and set geofencing
- Monitor almost any messaging and social media apps
…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are many other features worth checking out.
How to View My Child’s Text Messages: Final Thoughts
Bottom line? Texting isn’t always as innocent and safe as parents believe it to be. Because of the many dangers associated with texting in children, you should rise to the challenge. mSpy, the best parental control app on the market, will ease your pain.
So, next time you end up wondering, ‘How can I monitor my child’s text messages without them knowing?’, you’ll already have a clear-cut answer. mSpy is an app to see child’s text messages that will address all your needs and even more.