A smartphone is the most convenient and fastest tool to communicate with others. Smartphones connected to the Internet make it possible to send instant messages, make calls, and share multimedia files with anyone, no matter where you are. However, many young people misuse the power of instant communication and unknowingly compromise their safety.
With the increase of smartphone use in 2009, sexting among kids aged 12-17 also increased. About 14.8% of the surveyed children said they sent sexts at least once, and about 27.4% received them. The numbers keep growing, as more kids around the globe own smartphones. What’s more, the amount of online predators is also increasing — about 500,000 look for victims online every day.
As teens tend to share intimate photos and videos just for fun, predators use fake social media accounts to befriend them and receive that content. However, the fun ends when maniacs start manipulating kids and pressuring them into sending more sexual-related files.
Being afraid of their parents overreacting, kids feel trapped and keep their problem secret. This way, they let predators exploit themselves right behind their parents’ back.
So, how can you know if your child has a problem? One of the proven ways is to learn all about reading texts from another phone. In this article, we share three methods to intercept text messages from your kid’s device without violating their privacy.
Table Of Contents
1. Using mSpy to Track Messages and Chats
If you notice that your kid is depressed, and all your attempts to find out the source of the problem fail, think about using monitoring software. With parental control, such as mSpy, you can easily read someone’s text messages without their phone after you install the software. To do so, follow a few simple steps:
- Choose a subscription that corresponds to your need best (Basic or Premium).
- Fill in the billing information and submit your payment.
- Follow the instructions sent to your email to install mSpy.
- Access your Control Panel and adjust the app.
- Start reading text messages right from your smartphone.
Note that to install mSpy on an iPhone, you need to use its iCloud credentials. However, setting up the app on an Android device requires installing an apk file on it.
When the installation is complete, you can read all text messages on your kid’s phone without them knowing, including social media chats and popular messengers, such as Facebook, Snapchat, Kik, and Tinder.
2. Looking at someone’s Text Messages on iPhone
If you’re in dire need to spy on text messages without installing software on an iPhone, you can do it through iCloud backup. All you need is their iCloud credentials and a couple of minutes to restore the data. To start reading text messages on iPhone without them knowing, follow these steps:
- Sign in to an iCloud account of a monitored person.
- Choose Recover from iCloud Backup Files.
- Choose a backup file that contains text messages and download it.
- Choose Messages in the pop-up window and start scanning them.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview the data and read the needed messages.
- Select Recover to Computer to save the data.
3. Checking Text Messages on Android from Another Phone
Did you know that all SMS messages sent or received by an Android user are automatically backed up and stored locally on the phone? If you want to restore and read them, you can look for a specific app on AppStore or Google Play.
However, this is a suitable way to see someone’s text messages if you have a relationship built on trust. If your kid avoids talking about problems and refuses to give you their phone, you need to seek a solution that allows reading messages secretly.
Preventing Your Kid from Being Harassed Online
By reading someone’s text messages, you can deal with problems, such as cyberbullying and sextortion. But what if you could prevent your kid from getting into trouble? With mSpy, you can do that by using its advanced monitoring features, such as:
- Monitoring calls and SMS
- Tracking GPS location and setting geo-fencing
- Matching passwords with a keylogger
- Setting triggering words
- Managing social media apps
- Viewing browser history and bookmarks
- Blocking suspicious contacts
As you see, mSpy is not just a monitoring software. It is a handy tool that makes it possible for parents to remotely track their kids’ online activity. By doing so, they can prevent young people from befriending predators and being cyberbullied by peers. The best thing about mSpy is that you can monitor your kid remotely without violating their privacy and pushing them to tell you what’s going on.
Whenever you need help with downloading or installing mSpy on your kid’s device, don’t hesitate to contact our support team.