Modern technologies allow parents to stay updated about their kids’ online activity. Monitoring social media apps, instant messengers, and SMS is an everyday activity for adults who want to prevent their children from being bullied by peers or groomed by predators.
Choosing a reliable app that works right now is a significant concern for parents who look for monitoring solutions.
For example, SMS Peeper looks somewhat weird. When you access their website, it immediately tries to download unknown software on your device. According to some SMS Peeper reviews, that’s a malware program that can harm your PC or smartphone.
What’s more, SMS Peeper isn’t a multifunctional app and only allows you to intercept text messages from a target device. So, if you need more monitoring features, we recommend that you try mSpy.
However, if you need a text message interceptor, keep reading this review to know more about SMS Peeper.
Table Of Contents
What is SMS-Peeper?
SMS Peeper is a tool that parents can use to monitor their kids’ messages remotely. The app allows tracking incoming and outgoing SMS without a kid knowing.
When installed on a child’s smartphone, smspeeper starts collecting the information from a target device and then transfers it to a parent’s user account. The app collects the latest 100 SMS records, where 50 are incoming, and 50 are outgoing.
SMS Peeper also makes it possible to see the phone number of the sender or recipient.
How Does SMS Peeper Work?
Although SMS Peeper has limited functionality, you can use it without accessing a target device. All you need is a target person’s mobile phone number.
Follow the steps below to set up the app correctly:
- Go to the smspeeper.com website. Choose your country, type in a target phone number, and enter your email address.
- Click Get Messages. The app will immediately start intercepting SMSs associated with the target phone number. You will be able to see up to 100 messages. To read an SMS, tap Show Messages.
- Now, you need to enter the SMS Peeper code. You can find the instructions below.
- Once you type in the code, you can see messages on a target device. You can also view a sender’s name and date and time of each message.
How to download the SMS Peeper activation code?
- To download the SMS Peeper codes, you need to click the Download Code button. The service will redirect you to tinyfileshost.com
- Click the Download File button
- Choose an offer from the list and fill it in with your valid information. The file download will start automatically.
- Enter the downloaded code to the box on the left
- Click Show Messages
Is SMS Peeper Legit?
Before installing monitoring software on another person’s device, ensure that you don’t violate their privacy. According to U.S. law, you can secretly monitor only your kids under 18. All other cases require that you inform a target person that you’re monitoring them.
Speaking about SMS Pepper, it’s hard to tell if using it is legal. It isn’t an app installed on another person’s device. It’s just an SMS interceptor. We recommend that you think widely before using it.
SMS Peeper vs. mSpy
If you are looking to gain insight into your kid’s online activity, sms peeper.com might not be right for you. The app offers limited functionality and can monitor only text messages.
As an alternative app, you can try mSpy. It is a parental control software that offers a whole range of monitoring features to parents.
Here are three main reasons to start using mSpy right now:
- You can monitor social media apps. As most youngsters prefer using social networks to chat with friends and post pictures, parents need to keep an eye on them. With mSpy, you can read your kid’s chats, view photos, and secretly see their contacts.
- You can receive location logs. mSpy is an advanced tracking app, too. It can easily track your child’s GPS location and provide you with real-time records. What’s more, you can set up geofencing for a target device, and mSpy will alert you when your child enters or leaves a restricted area.
- You can analyze monitoring reports. mSpy gathers activity logs and stores them in your personal Control Panel. You can review the collected data anytime you want.