If you’re reading this article, you might be looking for a way to locate someone’s iPhone. Maybe, you are just curious about your close person’s whereabouts, or you may be worried because your family member is late from school or work.
Creating a safe digital environment for those you love can be challenging. You can’t watch them every second and be aware of all their decisions made online. It’s good to know that modern technologies can come to the rescue.
Since many cell phone users in the U.S. own iPhones, their close people often seek ways to track iPhone location by phone number. If you’re one of them, we recommend that you keep reading this article. In this guide, we are going to find out if tracking iPhone by phone number is possible and how to do it effectively.
Table Of Contents
Why I May Need to Track an iPhone by Number
Although most smartphone users worldwide own Android devices, the younger generation in the U.S. prefers iPhones. As was noted in the Piper Sandler semi-annual survey in 2020, about 85% of teens expect an iPhone to be their next phone or already use it.
What’s more, young people spend an average of 12 hours on social media weekly. It’s more than enough time for online predators or catfishers to detect individuals who need support, befriend them, and engage in sharing content that is way too personal or disclosing their credit card details.
If you want to prevent your close person from becoming a predator’s prey, consider tracking their iPhone and monitoring their online activity.
3 Verified Methods to Track iPhone by Phone Number Online
If you seek iPhone tracking by phone number, you need to take into account an important thing. It’s impossible to use a mobile phone number to detect another person’s mobile device in real-time.
Instead, you can try other methods to monitor an iPhone remotely.
#1 Tracking iPhone by Number with iCloud
If you need to locate someone else’s device ASAP, don’t lose time tracking the iPhone location by phone number. Using their iCloud to find the phone’s location is more effective.
The Find My iPhone application by Apple is a free app designed to help smartphone owners search for lost or stolen devices. The app connects to Google maps and detects the current location of your iPhone.
Follow a few steps to find someone else’s iPhone with iCloud:
- Log in to iCloud using your kid’s Apple ID and password.
- Click Find My iPhone. The app will show you a map with the current location of the target iPhone.
- Tap the “i” icon next to the iPhone’s name.
- Click Play Sound if you’re sure that the device is somewhere at home. Tap Send Message to notify anyone who finds it in the street that you want it back. Click Remote Lock to send a four-digit code to the needed iPhone. As an option, you can tap Remote Cleaning to erase all the data, including sensitive information, from the device.
- To go back to the iCloud home screen, tap the iCloud logo in the My Devices box.
- Click Close Session in the upper right part of the screen to log out.
#2 Tracking iPhone with Phone Number with mSpy
The Find My Phone feature can come in handy when you need to find another person’s smartphone right now. However, it’s not enough if you want to get a complete picture of their activity.
If you’re considering tracking iPhone with a phone number, we recommend that you install monitoring software on the target iPhone. A parental control app, such as mSpy, makes it possible to track another person’s location remotely, right from your smartphone.
What’s more, you can set geofencing and get alerts when the target person leaves or enters a restricted area.
With mSpy, you can monitor activity, such as:
- Call logs and contacts
- Any text messages, including iMessages
- Visited URLs, browser history, and used Wi-Fi networks
- Calendar and planned events
- Installed apps and social media chats
- Photos and videos
- Keyboard strokes and typed words
Note that you may need to jailbreak the target iPhone to use mSpy’s advanced features. You may also need to purchase a Premium subscription.
3. Tracking iPhone Location by Phone Number with Localize
Did you know that you can locate another person by phone number in only two minutes? If you’re interested, consider trying Localize — an online phone locator. It’s an easy-to-use service that allows locating someone without accessing their phone. You also don’t need to install any apps on your phone.
Here’s how Localize works:
- Go to localize.mobi and purchase a subscription. As an option, you can activate a 3-day trial for only $1.19. Both trial and subscription allow you to track as many devices as you want.
- Copy the target person’s cell phone number to the respective field and click “Locate.”
- Wait 2 minutes for the tool to locate the target person.
- Receive notification with the target person’s exact location.
Before you purchase Localize, you need to know a couple of facts about its work. To start with, Localize requires the target person’s consent to share their location. It means that after you send the location request, the recipient needs to agree to share their whereabouts.
Next, Localize can intercept someone else’s location only if their phone is turned on and their SIM card is active. Finally, the target iPhone needs to be connected to the Internet.
If all the conditions noted earlier are met by a target person’s phone, Localize will easily find the device’s location.
How to Track an iPhone by Phone Number: Final Thoughts
Although it’s impossible to locate an Apple device with an iPhone tracker by phone number, you now have 3 proven ways to monitor it remotely.
On the one hand, the Find My iPhone app can help you do it if you need immediate access to the target person’s iCloud. On the other hand, mSpy can provide you with full insight into another person’s online activity anytime right from your smartphone.
It’s up to you what method to choose. Just make sure that it can give you the needed information in the shortest time.