TrackMyFone claims that their mobile monitoring app is “more powerful than your teen’s tantrums”. While it’s a funny tagline for sure, knowing what your kids are up to is no laughing matter.
Thankfully, the TrackMyFone app is loaded with tools to help you find out what’s really going on in your teen’s world. But is it really “so easy even your grandpa can handle it” (again, their words, not ours)? We’ve put together a comprehensive TrackMyFone review to uncover the truth.
Table Of Contents
The History of TrackMyFone
TrackMyFone isn’t new to the phone monitoring game. While they don’t detail their history on their website, you can find TrackMyFone reviews from as far back as 2015. That means you can take comfort knowing that the TrackMyFone has a strong history behind it.
What’s more, when you purchase a TrackMyFone subscription, you’ll have access to the latest updates as they launch. This means that there are software developers behind the app, working hard to add new features.
Features: What You Get with TrackMyFone
Check their phone logs. The TrackMyFone app lets you review all kinds of phone details, including call history, text messages, emails from Gmail, Internet history, their personal contacts, and even their calendar entries.
View messenger conversations. If they chat with friends and acquaintances using various chat apps, TrackMyFone has you covered with support for WhatsApp and Viber. As many TrackMyFone reviews have indicated, support for other apps like Facebook Messenger, Tinder, Kik, Line, and Skype are coming soon (as of publication time, the TrackMyFone free trial demo site indicates that these aren’t yet available).
Remotely control their device. OK, so you can’t fully control their device. But you can wipe their phone, lock their phone, or take a screenshot of their phone from your TrackMyFone account.
See their previous locations. TrackMyFone captures their location and records it for you to review. While it’s not so simple to see their current location with the TrackMyFone app, you can see their previous locations quite easily.
Block apps. TrackMyFone gives you the power to see the apps installed on their device. And if you don’t want them to use one, you can just hit the Block button.
|# of devices||1 device per plan|
|Social media tracking||Yes|
|Set restrictions remotely||Yes|
TrackMyFone Pros and Cons
- Great Control Panel. Whether you’re using the TrackMyFone free trial or the paid version, you’ll notice how easy it is to use. The Control Panel (which is where you view everything on their phone) is designed really well. The user experience is topnotch, so even if you’re not very tech savvy, you’ll like it.
- Fair Pricing Model. We found that the subscription options are fair and reasonable, no matter which TrackMyFone subscription duration you’re choosing.
- Works on Lots of Devices. Whether they have a rooted Android or a non-jailbroken iPhone, TrackMyFone offers support to help you monitor them with ease.
- Not a lot of messenger support. The list of current messenger apps supported can be counted on one hand. It looks like more apps are being added, but as of publication time, you can only monitor a handful of chat apps.
- Can’t see their current location. While TrackMyFone lets you review their recent locations, you can’t see their current one just by logging in.
- Installation takes long. The installation process can feel a bit cumbersome, especially if you’ve never installed anything outside Google Play or the App Store.
What Real TrackMyFone Users Are Saying
When it comes to TrackMyFone reviews, you’ll find lots of opinions. While we’ve tried to cover everything to help you make an informed decision before you get the TrackMyFone free trial, it’s important to get other perspectives — especially from real users. Here’s what a few of them had to say:
TrackMyFone: Final Thoughts
If you’re looking for a very capable monitoring app with key features like text message monitoring, plus support for a few popular social media messengers, TrackMyFone is a great option.
While it takes a bit of time to get up and running, once you’re good to go, you’ll find that the user experience is one of the best. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for in your Control Panel, and the design is excellent.
But if you need more features—like support for more chat apps, keylogging, and even the option to view their surroundings and listen in on their mic—there are more feature-rich options out there.
mSpy is one of them. It offers everything you’ll find in TrackMyFone, plus more tools to help ensure your kids are behaving responsibly online. There’s a free demo at mSpy.com, so check it out.