The Internet is a fantastic tool for learning and opening new horizons. It is the main reason why kids are so attached to it. However, the use of instant messengers, private chat rooms, and social media platforms can lead to troubles such as cyberbullying, sexting, inappropriate content, and exposure to online predators. So, as a parent, you need to have a clue of what your kid does online.
One of the best options to monitor your kid’s Internet activity is installing a parental control app, such as WebWatcher or mSpy, on their device. However, it can be pretty hard to make a choice. That’s where user reviews come in.
On their website, WebWatcher claims they have an excellent rating of 4 stars on PCMAG. However, we couldn’t find any confirmation of that. What’s more, users of Trustpilot have rated the app as high as 3.4. stars. WebWatcher also shares a video review on its main page by Shark Tank, which describes the app’s main advantages. The only concern here is that the video was uploaded on YouTube back in 2016, so it’s not exactly current.
So, is Webwatcher still relevant as a parental control app in 2021? Or, maybe, it’s time to search for an alternative? If you want to try another monitoring app, we recommend you installing mSpy. But if you want to know what WebWatcher is up to, just read this review.
Table Of Contents
What is WebWatcher?
WebWatcher is one of the popular parental control apps for monitoring kids’ activity online. It helps to protect kids from befriending predators on the Internet. The app gathers the data from a target device and displays it on a secure web-based account. You can access it remotely from almost any device operating on Android and iOS. The app allows users to monitor text messages, call logs, photos, web browser history, and GPS location.
WebWatcher’s customer service includes assistance via email, phone, and chat. However, email support doesn’t seem convenient, as you need to send a request via the contact form on their website.
Main WebWatcher Features
WebWatcher app for iOS and Android makes it possible to track:
- Text messages: monitor all sent and received text messages
- Web history: view the search history and visited websites
- GPS: view visited locations
- Kik: read incoming text messages
- Tinder: get notifications about inbound messages
- WhatsApp: view incoming messages
- Viber: read incoming messages on iOS and Android
- Apps: view all apps installed on the target phone
- Call history: see all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls
- Photos: view taken and saved images
How Does WebWatcher Work?
To start using WebWatcher on Android, you need to complete three easy steps:
- Sign up – Choose the required operating system and purchase the subscription that suits your needs best.
- Download the app – To start monitoring a target device, you need to install the app on it.
- Start tracking remotely – Go to the WebWatcher login page and access your account. All the activities from the monitoring device will be transferred to your WebWatcher online account.
If you want to use WebWatcher on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Log in – Open the WebWatcher login page and enter the Apple ID and Password of the device you wish to monitor. Remember to disable iCloud backup and enable Two Factor Authentication on it.
- Monitor Activity – When a target device backs up data to iCloud, the target phone activities will be recorded and transferred to your account.
- Start tracking remotely – Use the WebWatcher mobile login to monitor all the recorded data, including texts, photos, websites, calls, instant messengers, etc.
Does WebWatcher Really Work on All Devices?
WebWatcher is compatible with most operating systems and applications. However, you need to double-check the compatibility before buying the app.
WebWatcher is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, and Windows 10.
If you need to monitor an Android device, make sure your target device is operating on Android 2.1 and above.
With WebWatcher, you can track Mac OS 10.8 – 10.15 devices, such as Mac OS X Mountain Lion and the latest models.
WebWatcher is compatible with iOS 6.0 and above. Functionality requires a PC or Mac on the same Wi-Fi network as a monitored iPhone.
Additionally, WebWatcher is compatible with all Chromebooks, such as HP, Asus, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Samsung, and Google.
Can WebWatcher be Detected on Android or iOS?
WebWatcher is a monitoring app designed to track your kid’s phone secretly. That’s why it’s pretty hard to detect it on a target device. There is no system tray icon or another shortcut that can help to detect the app on Android. And it’s even harder to identify it on iOS devices, as you install it remotely by using iCloud credentials.
How Much Does WebWatcher Cost per Month?
WebWatcher offers three types of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – $39.95
- 3 Months – $59.95
- 12 Months – $129.95
To get detailed information about subscriptions, go to https://login.webwatcher.com/account/signup3 and click “Try risk-free”. Note that you need to sign up before you can choose a package. If any discounts or promotions are available, the support center will notify you about them via email.
If you want to test WebWatcher before buying a subscription, activate the free trial available for seven days. If you try the app and don’t like it, remember to cancel the subscription. Otherwise, the system will charge you.
WebWatcher vs mSpy
After reading the WebWatcher review and comparing it to other apps, you may conclude that WebWatcher is pretty limited in functionality. It offers a basic bunch of features that are not enough for comprehensive monitoring. What’s more, it is expensive as it doesn’t have any packages to monitor two or more devices simultaneously.
If you want to have a full picture of your kid’s digital life, consider looking for a more diverse app, such as mSpy. Our parental control app is one of the leading monitoring solutions for smartphones that has an impressive set of features.
With mSpy, you can do the following:
- Read sent, received, and deleted text messages
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing calls
- Block unwanted contacts
- View real-time location, set safe and dangerous zones, and get a notification when your kid breaches them
- Monitor instant messengers (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Hangouts, Viber, Telegram, and Tinder)
- Monitor WhatsApp photos, videos, and audio recordings
- Read Instagram direct messages
- Moderate Internet usage, view visited sites, and block inappropriate ones
- View saved bookmarks
- View the list of installed apps and block them if needed
- Read iMessages on iOS
- Read all sent and received emails
- Block target device if it is lost or stolen
- View Wi-Fi hotspots and block unsafe networks
- Get keyword alerts and view every keystroke on a target device
As you see, the mSpy parental control app has a broader set of features that can satisfy the most demanding customers’ needs. With mSpy, you can stay on the top of your kid’s smartphone activities and prevent them from interacting with cyberbullies, online predators, and scammers. For more information about mSpy, please visit our main page or contact our support center.