Smartphones have become an integral part of people’s lives across the globe. The number of users has already reached 3 billion. The United States, China, and India solely count about 1.46 billion smartphone owners. Many of them use Android-operated devices.
For instance, the number of Android smartphone users in the U.S. reached 120.5 million in 2018. This amount is predicted to reach more than 130 million in 2022.
The secret of Android’s popularity lies in the cost of the devices that run the OS. You can find a full-packed Android phone for much cheaper than its Apple competitor. Android devices are offered at a wide range of prices. So, users with different income levels can find a device that suits their needs.
However, Android OS also involves a number of problems. Some people resolve them by rooting their devices. If you want to know more about Android rooting, its advantages, and drawbacks, keep reading this article.
Table Of Contents
What Is Rooting a Phone?
If you’re bothered by the question “What does rooting a device mean?” here is a simple definition.
Rooting is a process of getting access to privileged control over your device’s Android subsystems. It is also called root access. Smartphone users often perform rooting to bypass limitations set by hardware manufacturers or enhance their devices’ technical characteristics.
As rooting gives you full admin access to your device, you can alter the system in any way you need, remove built-in applications, and change settings.
What Does Rooting a Phone Do?
Rooting allows you to do things that you can’t normally do. After you follow a simple procedure, you’ll get a rooted phone, meaning the one with increased performance, enhanced memory capacity, and other benefits.
Rooting provides infinite customizability. This means that you can customize anything — keyboards, notification menu, camera, etc.
Here’s what you can do after rooting your Android phone correctly:
- Install rooted apps. If you go to Google Play, you’ll find that rooting is extensive and supported there. Many custom-made applications require rooting. In exchange, they provide you with diverse possibilities in terms of your phone’s system performance enhancement.
- Install fresh updates. If you have a rooted phone, you don’t need to wait to receive the official updates. You can install any update that you need right now and increase your phone’s performance immediately.
- Use custom kernels. Do you want to boost your phone’s performance and twofold its battery life? Install a custom kernel on it. Just make sure to do your research and install the correct one.
- Get tethering for free. Some phone users in the U.S. have to pay extra for USB tethering. Rooting allows you to avoid the fee.
- Get rid of bloatware. Android phones come overloaded with all kinds of apps that you will never use. They occupy up to half of your phone’s memory, and you can’t delete them. Rooting makes it possible to eliminate all those useless apps, free memory space, and make the interface look cleaner.
- Get a powerful back-up system. Back-up apps are the most common ones that require rooting. And there is a good reason for that. The standard Android back-up system allows backing up contacts, messages, and media files. A custom app makes it possible to back up anything.
- Install or move apps to your SD-card. If your phone has low memory capacity, rooting can come to the rescue. After rooting your Android phone, you can easily install new apps on your SD-card or move old ones there.
Does Rooting Involve Any Dangers?
Although there are many reasons why rooting is an excellent option for your phone, the process has drawbacks, too. Before starting to root your device, we recommend that you take into account all the associated risks.
If you are new to rooting, make sure to do research. You need to be extremely careful as installing the wrong file can cause your OS to crash.
Another fact to consider is that Google doesn’t support rooting, although you can find many rooted apps on Google Play. Some manufacturers make it difficult to unlock a bootloader. So, inexperienced users might not want to mess with the system.
Finally, the most significant reason why people choose not to root their phones is insurance. They believe that rooting will void their warranty. Don’t be surprised if your manufacturer refuses to provide services to you after revealing the rooting traces.
Can I Use mSpy Without Rooting My Phone?
Although some apps require your smartphone to be rooted, you don’t necessarily need to do it to use mSpy. If you need spyware for mobile without rooting, mSpy can be a good option for you.
As mSpy comes in two options, Basic and Premium, you can choose the one without rooting. In this case, you can start monitoring someone else’s Android phone right after purchasing a subscription. All basic monitoring possibilities will be available to you.
However, if you want to use mSpy’s advanced features, such as keylogger, social media monitoring, and geofencing, you need to root your device. But no worries — our experienced support managers will help you.
If you keep asking yourself, “Is my phone rooted? What does that mean?”, simply purchase mAssistance and get instructions on rooting your device immediately.
Although rooting has a few drawbacks, it can be beneficial for your Android device. A rooted phone can have the latest features installed on it. Rooting can extend your phone’s life and save you from the necessity to spend money on a new smartphone model.
It’s up to you whether to root your phone or not. Just make sure to evaluate all pros and cons beforehand.
can i able to track facebook messenger without rooting.
I need to find my misses and i have no access to her phone at all what do i do
How long does rooting a device for premium access take?
It depends. If you do it on your own, following instructions, might take up to half an hour. You can also request help from our support team through mAssistance and they will help you to root the device remotely.
Also, a couple of messengers can now be tracked without rooting the device (WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Instagram) and we’re working on adding more apps to the list 🙂
Comprei o plano Premium, poderia me enviar algum tutorial para fazer o root?
Olá! Entre em contato com nossa equipe de suporte, eles vão te ajudar.
Do I need to root both phones, that being monitored and that monitoring?
You only need to root the target phone that is being monitored.
Do i need to root the phone if i bought the premium version and want to use the keyloggers and whatsapp and instagram chats??
It depends on your device model. Please have a look at its compatibility, and if needed, contact our support. They will gladly help you root your phone.